How to Convert Emails from EML to PST file for Outlook
To convert EML to PST with ease and accuracy, the EML to PST converter tool is a must. Files with the .eml extension is EML files and are used by email such as MS Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc. EML files contain the message with subject, sender & recipient, attachments, etc. Since .eml files are saved in a partial text format, the user can open them with Text Editor, Apple Text Edit, MS Notepad.
Methods to Convert EML to PST:
To convert EML to PST files, we have manual processes as well as the third-party EML to PST converter tool. We will first know the manual processes. The First & very necessary step before proceeding with a manual step is to have a backup. Make backups because no manual method is completely safe.
Manual methods to convert EML to PST:
Using Windows Live Mail & Microsoft Outlook
- Start the MS Outlook & Windows Live Mail on your system.
- In Windows Live Mail, click the File tab and select Email Message from the export options.
- Select Microsoft Exchange as the export option & click Next.
- A pop-up window appears on the screen and all emails are exported to MS Outlook / MS Exchange.
- Click on OK.
- You can use the Select Folder option to choose to export all e-mail folders or select a specific folder to export.
- Click on OK.
- The complete export wizard is displayed when finished. Click on Finish.
Use MS Outlook, drag and drop.
- This process is preferable when the EML files are saved individually on the computer and you do not have an EML-enabled email client installed to access them.
- First open Outlook on your system.
- Navigate to the location of the EML files & select the file.
- Drag the selected EML file.
- Place in the Outlook app.
Once you’re done, you can open and view it in the Outlook app.
Outlook Express to migrate from EML to Outlook
First, set up your EML files with Outlook Express by dragging and dropping them. After following the instructions below.
- Start Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- Click on the “File” tab and select “Open and Export”.
- Click on Import / Export.
- Select “Import internal Mail and Addresses” >> Outlook Express >> Next >> Click “Finish” to export the .eml files to Outlook.
Limitations of Manual Method
Manual methods are free, but they have limitations. Let us know what their limitations are and why need a third-party EML to PST converter.
- The main concern with the manual method is the risk of data loss. The likelihood of human error is high and one mistake can lead to data loss.
- The risk of losing data integrity is also high manually. The possibility of damaging the SMTP header part of the EML file and the meta properties of the EML file is very high.
- Email attachments are seldom transferred to Outlook.
- When a user has a large number of EML files that need to be opened with Outlook, the manual method becomes a very tedious and time-consuming task.
Best EML to PST Converter
To perfectly convert EML to PST, you need an EML to PST converter. The EML to PST converter is a convenient solution for this. The software is full of many sought-after features. See:
Features of EML to PST at a Glance:
- The tool to perform quick & faultless EML to PST conversion.
- Migrates complete email properties (emails, attachments, email properties such as subject, to, from etc.) from EML or EMLX to PST format.
- Compatible with all versions of various email clients that support the . EML file format, such as MS Outlook Express , Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird & Apple Mail.
- Filter options to convert specific EML files to PST on the basis of the criteria To, From, Subject & Date
- Maintains the original formatting, properties & structure of the default EML file while converting into PST format.
- Facilitates the user to migrate multiple EML files of multiple email clients in a single conversion cycle.
- Supports almost all versions of MS Windows & MS Outlook.
- Designed with interactive, easy-to-use & self-descriptive GUI features.
- Available with a trial version to evaluate its features before buying the full version.
- MS Outlook versions:
- MS Outlook 2000
- MS Outlook 2002
- MS Outlook 2003
- MS Outlook 2007
- MS Outlook 2010
- MS Outlook 2013
- Windows Operating Systems (32bit/ 64bit):
- Windows Server 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 7
- Windows 8